November 18, 2012

Paleo Sweet Dumpling Cinnamon Roll Muffins



You know when you come up with a great idea and you just got to do it? Well, that happened with my sister and I a few months ago. She sent me a link to a Paleo food blogger. What's Paleo, you ask? Well it's sort of like a diet that changes your way of viewing food for life. It benefits you so much. In this diet, well, my sister's version of it, you don't eat grains, corn, popcorn, canola oil, vegetable oil,  or things with sugar. All that jazz. This makes it really hard for me to bake stuff for her, because you know, you kinda need flour and sugar right? Nope! Not for this recipe!
We really wanted to do a collaborative post together, so we went to work with the recipe making it our own and voila, Paleo Sweet Dumpling Cinnamon Roll Muffins! They are soooo good! (They taste like cinnamon rolls)

Sweet Dumpling Cinnamon Roll Muffins

Makes 10 Muffins

Muffin Ingredients

1/2 cup                sweet dumpling puree
1/2 cup                coconut flour
1/2 tbsp               tapioca flour
1/2 tsp                 baking soda
1/4 tsp                 sea salt
1/2 cup                butter, melted
1 tbsp                  vanilla
1/4 cup                raw honey
3 eggs

Topping

2 tbsp                  butter, melted
2 tbsp                  coconut sugar
1 tbsp                  cinnamon
1/2 tsp                 nutmeg
1/4 tsp                 ginger
30                        pecan halves

Cut your Sweet Dumpling Squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Put into a microwave-safe container with a little water in the bottom, and cover with a microwave-safe lid, or saran wrap. Microwave in 5 minute intervals until soft, about 15 minutes total. At this time, begin to preheat the oven to 350.
Scoop the flesh of the Squash away from the skin, and toss a 1/2 cup of it into your food processor. Puree until uniform. If there is any extra, set aside for another project and refrigerate it, or just eat it...yum! Sweet Dumpling Squashes are not large, so if you pick a small one it will probably make exactly the right amount. Using a food processor, just throw everything into the bowl, and process until a smooth batter forms, scraping down the sides once or twice. Make sure the butter has cooled down before you crack the eggs in, so you don't cook them. Next, line a muffin tray with 10 liners, and then divide the batter between them. It should come out to about a 1/4 cup per Muffin. Smooth down the top of each one. Next, melt the butter for the topping, and then mix in the coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Spoon over the top of each Muffin, dividing it evenly. It should come out to about 1 tsp each. You can either leave the topping or use a toothpick and swirl it in. Both ways are tasty, so it might be best to do half and half to try both options! Top each Muffin with 3 pecan halves, and then put the tray into the oven.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy! 


My sister/ Alex Boake is AMAZING, all the stuff she makes is so delicious... If your looking to try something new check out the recipes on her blog, it won't even feel like you're going on a diet because the stuff she makes is so incredible and you don't have to starve yourself or eat horribly like a regular diet! If you don't believe me, check out her blog and try her recipes! Or even try this recipe! You won't regret it!!! Plus, she isn't boring like me and takes pictures of her food, no sir. She illustrates it! You'll be drooling all over your key board. Don't forget to check out her post of the recipe here!

Elanne Boake



6 comments:

  1. I think the recipe for success in our paleo desserts is collaboration, me with my weirdo paleo skills, and you with your expert baking skills! These were darn good, we should definitely do another joint post sometime. I hope it will be equally delicious!

    You really made the colour palette in this shoot work, which is great. I know I had a lot of trouble making it work in my illustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour combo was hard that's for sure. But I love your illustration! :D

      Delete
  2. I highly agree it was delicious! : O
    I wish I had many more.... <.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your and your sister's posts both look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    Feel free to surf to my homepage: visit the up coming website

    ReplyDelete