Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chocolate Chippers (Recipe)

I always seem to post recipes that are family based. Many of the recipes that I have posted on my blog my family members made up or passed the recipe down through generations. These recipes are used so much that by the time they reach my generation they are adapted to perfection!


It's not that my family members bribed me to post a recipe they have invented, it's my own decision. I feel that these recipes are the best because they are made with the most love coming from my family. I only want to give you the best so, what am I sharing with you today? Another family recipe! They are my Grandmother's Chocolate Chippers!



Crispy, thin and delicious made with tiny chocolate chips, that helps distribute chocolate around the cookie better. What's that I hear coming? A recipe?! Get your sleeves rolled up and put on an apron because it's baking time! This recipe is adapted from my Grandmother.

Chocolate Chippers

1/3 cup                     butter
1/2 cup                     sugar
1/4 cup                     brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp                          vanilla
1+1/8 cup                 Bisquick®
1/2 tsp                       baking soda
1/2 tsp                       salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl beat the softened butter and both sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together Bisquick®, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat. Add chocolate chips and mix with spatula. Take your cookie scoop and lay out your cookie dough 2x3 on the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes-12 minutes or until golden and flat. Do not take them out when puffy. Let them cool on sheet for about 2 minutes then quickly, using a spatula take them off the cookie sheet. Eat them all or store in an airtight container. ;) Enjoy!



Comments:

-You can find Bisquick® in your pancake mix isle at the store.
-Make sure when you take them out of the oven to work quickly because they are hard to get off the cookie sheet when fully cooled.
-After about 3 minutes they will begin to look weird, don't worry, they will flatten out.
-In 8 minutes they will slowly begin to deflate, keep an eye on them make sure they don't over bake!
-You might have to let the bottom rack of cookies cook for a bit longer.
-(Update) My Grandmother has informed me that she uses the whole package of mini chocolate chips, so you can use 1/3 cup or go crazy! ;)



So many of my favorite recipe are from my family, Whipped Shortbread and Buttermilk Pancakes to name a few... I'm sure you have many family recipes too, and I'm sure they are probably some of the best things you've ever had.

Shelan Boake out!

2 comments: