August 3, 2013

Strawberry Panna Cotta



Prior to making this delectable Strawberry Panna Cotta, my sister mentioned that I never make anything she likes. She brought up all those "horrible" desserts I made. She really just wanted to have an excuse for me to make chocolate peanut butter cookies.
My whole family ganged up on me and threatened to make me live in the backyard, if I did not give them cookies. This happened in all of three minutes. So I decided to make them cookies. Did I have to sleep in the backyard? Nope. But, get your sleeves rolled up and put on an apron because it's baking time!

Strawberry Panna Cotta

500g                         strawberries, sliced
1 3/4 cup                  buttermilk
6 tbsp                       sugar
2 1/2 tsp                   gelatine
1/4 cup                     milk
1/4 cup                      heavy cream

Blend strawberries, buttermilk and sugar together in a food processor. Pour through a fine sieve into a medium bowl. Discard the solids. Sprinkle gelatine over  the milk and let sit until moistened. Bring heavy cream to a boil and pour over gelatine mixture. Whisk cream into the strawberry mixture and pour into molds or glasses. Chill molds for at least 8 hours (until firm). Top with whipped cream, enjoy!


Comments:

-To make buttermilk; add 1 tbsp of lemon juice for every cup of milk.
-I didn't have a very fine sieve, so little bits of strawberry are fine, they don't affect the flavour.
-If you want to use a mold, place the mold in hot water and run a knife around the edges then flip it out onto a plate.



Panna Cotta is one of the easiest desserts, adding strawberries is sure to bring more depth and flavour to this simple, yet elegant sweet (it tastes like a strawberry milkshake)! And I'll have you know that my sister did like this dessert. One less thing for her to complain about.

Elanne Boake

7 comments:

  1. Yummy! I think the buttermilk would nicely contrast the sweet strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buttermilk makes it really creamy, I have never used it in panna cotta before!

      Delete
  2. This looks so creamy and amazing... I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so creamy and delicious! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really delicious. You can make that anytime for me!

    ReplyDelete