Angel Food Cupcakes with Whipped Chocolate Frosting



 Sorry for my absence! I did promise to bake more in the upcoming months and I hope to keep up with it! A lot has happened over the past few weeks, and it is only appropriate to celebrate with cupcakes!
While I did celebrate my birthday, Sweet Boake has turned two years old! I have come a long way since my first post and I hope to continue to share my adventures in baking with you guys for years to come. So, get your sleeves rolled up and put on an apron because it's baking time! (I used a boxed mix for the cake itself) The frosting recipe is adapted from Sweetapolita

Whipped Chocolate Frosting

Makes 4 1/2 cups

1 cup                    sugar
6 tbsp                   flour
6 tbsp                   cocoa
1 1/2 cups            milk
4 oz.                     semi sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp                   vanilla
3 cups                   butter (softened)

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a small saucepan. Add the milk and whisk constantly over medium heat until it starts to boil. The mixture should be smooth and thick (5-8 minutes). Remove saucepan from the heat, whisk in chocolate and vanilla. Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl and wrap with plastic wrap. Place in your fridge for about an hour, or until it comes to room temperature.
With an electric mixer beat in butter until smooth and creamy. With a knife spread frosting over the cupcakes. Enjoy!

 
I would also like to wish a Happy Birthday to Sierra, Daniel, Maddy and Phil. I hope you all had a very special celebration this season! *tosses cupcakes through the screen*

Elanne Boake

Comments

  1. These cupcakes have to be yummy because they're chocolate!! And they look so pretty and cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment