Soft M&M Cookies


I couldn't be happier. It's finally summer vacation. A time to relax and lounge about in the heat, do what you want and not stress about a thing.
I just finished my last exam this week, so now I am officially done school for the year. I am so relieved. I have lots of big travel plans this summer. It will be nice to take a long needed break and spend time with family and friends. And hopefully I will great around to making some delicious summer-time desserts...! Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.

Soft M&M Cookies

1 cup                        brown sugar
1/2 cup                     sugar
1 cup                        vegetable shortening
2 eggs
2 tsp                         vanilla
2 1/2 cups                a.p flour
1 tsp                         baking soda
1 tsp                         salt
1 1/2 cups                M&M's®

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat the sugars, shortening, eggs and vanilla together until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Add the M&M's and stir to combine. Use a cookie scoop to divide the dough evenly and roll into balls, place on cookie sheets. Press M&M's into the tops and flatten the tops slightly. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet once slightly cooled and place on a rack. Enjoy!


These cookies are actually sosososo good and super easy, like you can whip these up in less than an hour and have dessert in no time. Great for kids parties and heck even adults love these suckers, so why not?
I plan to fit in a few awesome recipes this summer, so stay tuned. I hope you all enjoy yourselves and stay safe, but most of all eat to your heart's content!

Elanne Boake

Comments